Tuesday, October 16, 2012

T-Mobile (part 3)


After yesterday's chat, I had not yet gotten an email (and yes, I did even white-list their T-Mobile address as asked). So here's the final resolution: 

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to May S.
Josh: I put in a request for a SIM unlock code yesterday and would like to get that code today.
May S:  Hi Joshua! Welcome to T-Mobile Live Chat. My name is May S. and my Rep ID is *******. I will be assisting you today. We would like to apologize for any delay, but the process usuallt takes for about 24 hours and once we have the code, you should receive an email from our SIM unlock team. Do you have any other questions at the moment?
May S:  Are you still there?
Josh:  Yes, I am here.
Josh:  It has been more than 24 hours and I have not received any email.
Josh:  Can you check the status for me? I have a reference number [Redacted]
May S:  Yes, I can do that. By the way, may I have the password on your account please?
Josh:  Yes, of course. [Redacted]
May S:  Thank you, Joshua. One moment please.
May S:  Thank you for waiting, Joshua. I have the email that was sent by our SIm unlock team, it's possible that the email was blocked by your e-mail service provide. I apologize but I cannot send it via email, I can just paste the information on this session. Would that be okay?
Josh:  Yes, that would be wonderful. Thank you!
May S:  You're welcome. You may just follow the steps below: Unlock Request ID= [Redacted]
IMEI= [Redacted]
Code = [Redacted]

Email sent to Requestor at 10/16/2012 7:25:12 AM 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your HTC device. 

1. Insert the foreign SIM card 
2. Power on the device and the display should read "Please input unlock code" 
3. Enter the unlock code and the device should display "Phone is unlocked." 
4. Allow the phone to scan the network (or manually click on the antenna icon to do this)
May S:  It is very important that the instructions and SIM unlock code are entered correctly as listed. If you receive an error message while performing the instructions do not make any further attempts to unlock the handset. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. You will need to verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and contact Customer Care for support. Is there anything else that you need an assistance with?
Josh:  Perfect. Thank you!
May S:  You're welcomem, Joshua! Thank you for choosing T-mobile Live Chat. It's been a pleasure assisting you today! Have a nice day!
Josh:  You too!

No comments:

Post a Comment